ACE-AFSCME Local 2250
Constitutional Amendment Highlights
Accountable * Inclusive * United
- All four officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Recording-Secretary) elected at large by all ACE-AFSCME Local 2250 members. Officers must be from different chapters. (Currently, only President elected at large and Executive Board selects other officers).
- All chapters still have two seats on the Executive Board. Vacancies will be filled by a vote at a chapter meeting.
- All Officers and the Executive Board are elected in May to serve a two-year term of office.
- Officers and the Board are elected and trained together, and better able to develop and implement strategic plan for members.
- Term Limit. No officer or Executive Board member may serve more than two consecutive terms in the same office. They may run for other offices after two consecutive terms or the same office after taking a leave from office for at least one two-year term.
- Quarterly Membership Meetings to increase accountability (4 per year instead of 1 currently).
- Quorum for Membership Meeting 1.5% of membership to conduct business (none currently).
- New Security Services Chapter.